Operation Beautiful Nation
Lately I have been feeling stuck and a bit frustrated. This year especially, I have noticed how much people are struggling and how many issues our world is facing, and trying to overcome. I was inspired by a few friends and trips I have taken this year, to take action. I decided to create a series called "Operation Beautiful Nation". Over the course of 2017, I will be creating challenges that everyone can take part in, to help fill out world with love and to be more enjoyable for all.
Operation Beautiful Nation is a campaign focused on bettering the community and those around us, while spreading God's love. I believe that together we can change the world. I believe that there is never a wrong answer, age requirement, education level, occupation, gender, race, social status or anything else that can stop us from achieving greatness and making our world a more safe and happier place to live. I started this campaign because of how tired and aggravated I was of complaining and hearing others complain about what is going on around us, while waiting for someone else to fix it. Throughout 2017 I will post challenges that will help make an impact in our world. In addition to that, I have opened this part of my blog up to other writers, where they can speak their mind and showcase how we can change even the most difficult things. Change might not happen right away, or with the first try, but we can change the world.
I want to speak out against injustice in the world. I want to show people that their
voice does matter, and that they have the power to change the world.
My goal for this campaign is to educate others on the issues our society is facing. I also want to help encourage others to speak up and take action.
My challenge for you this week, is to do something for others. Be selfless. Go out of your way to help others and to better someone's day.
"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices, God is pleased".
Here are a few simple ways to help out. It doesn't matter how big or small the gesture is, but the gesture itself that matters most.
- Send flowers to someone who is having a rough time.
- Write an encouraging message on someone's Facebook.
- Send a friend or family member your favorite Bible verse, quote or song.
- Grab a bite to eat with a friend and pay for their meal.
- Help your elderly neighbor with chores around their house.
- Make time for the friend who you haven't seen in a while.
- Drop off old clothes, books and toys at a local shelter.
- Sponsor a child in another country.
- Send an anonymous donation to someone who you know is struggling.
- Do a chore or task that you haven't been asked to do.
- Next time you're at Starbucks or your favorite coffee shop, buy the person's drink in line behind you.
- When grocery shopping, pick up an extra bag of items and donate them to the local food pantry.
- Act as a cheerleader to the person in your life who needs extra encouragement. Let them know that you're there for them and support them no matter what.
- Go with your friend to the new restaurant, movie or art exhibit that they have been wanting to go to.
- Put change in someone else's parking meter.
What do you say- are you up for the challenge?
Share what you did for this week's challenge on social media. Challenge a few friends to join in as well!